BEACH TRAIL #48
This trail is an easy hike that follows the west shoreline and passes in front of many leased cabins. The 6-mile trail leaves from Outlet Bay Campground, passes through Osprey and Luby Bay Campgrounds, the Priest Lake Museum and Hill’s Resort and terminates at the Kalispell Bay Boat Launch. The trail crosses the Lakeshore Road # 237 twice just south of Hill’s Resort so use caution when crossing the road.
DIRECTIONS TO TRAILHEAD
North Trailhead Access
- Take Highway 57 to Kalispell Bay Road go right towards Priest Lake Marina.
- Go approximately 1 mile then go right towards Priest Lake Marina and the Kalispell Bay Boat Launch.
- Continue past the marina on Lakeshore Road to the Kalispell Bay boat launch.
- Trail access is located at the south end of the boat launch parking area.
South Trailhead Access
- To access the south end of the trail, turn off Highway 57 onto the Outlet Bay Road (mile post 26).
- Drive approximately 1/2-mile and turn left onto the Lakeshore Road.
- Drive another 1/2-mile and turn left across from the Outlet Bay Campground into the Woodrat Trail parking;
- head down to the beach in the campground and you will find the trail. This trail is open to foot traffic only.