Lakeview Mountain Trail #269
This trail boasts panoramic views of the lake and surrounding mountains from the top. As the trail descends down the west side of the mountain, several more panoramic viewpoints will attract your attention. This portion of the trail passes through stands of Douglas fir, pine, young cedar and open hillsides. The total length of the trail is approx 5 ½ miles and it is rated “More Difficult.” The beginning elevation of the trail is 2,640 feet and climbs to approximately 4,070 feet before descending back down to near lake level.
DIRECTIONS TO TRAILHEAD
West Side Trail Access
- This trail begins on the West side of Lakeview Mountain, across from Bismark Meadows off HWY 57 (approx 1 mile south of Nordman).
- For the initial 1 ½ miles of the trail, it switchbacks up the steeper West side of the mountain.
- The first panoramic views of the lake and surrounding mountains are near the 2-mile mark.
- This trail can be followed to trail #365 and then north to Elkins or South to Kalispel Bay Day use area.
East Side Trail Access
- Take HWY 57 North to Nordman then turn east onto Reeder Bay Road.
- Follow Reeder Bay Road/ USFS Road #2512 to Elkins Resort
- Take the Kalispell Reeder Bay trail # 365 about 1 mile south to access the #269 from the East.
- This is a multiple use trail that includes foot, mountain bike, motorcycles vehicles and horse traffic