Navigation Trail #291
This is an excellent trail that leads to developed campgrounds located at the north end of Upper Priest Lake (Navigation Campground) and the south end of Upper Priest Lake (Plowboy Campground). The trail passes through valley and side hill terrain. Along the trail there is an old homesteaded cabin, beaver ponds, abundant wildlife, riparian areas and scenic views. Trail is approx. 8 miles long.
DIRECTIONS TO TRAILHEAD
Northern Trail Access
- North on Hwy 57,
- Hwy 57 turns into graveled Forest Service Rd #302 approx. 4 miles past Nordman.
- Travel north on Rd. #302 approx. 14 miles until it turns into Rd. #1013 at the Granite Pass junction.
- The road to the trailhead is on the right side, located 5.5 miles up Rd. #1013. (1 mile past the Hughes Meadows turnoff.)
- Stock trailer parking is available.
Southern Trail Access
- At Nordman turn east onto Reeder Bay Road.
- Stay on the main road approx. 12 miles to Beaver Creek Campground.
- Turn right toward the campground then left uphill to the trailhead.
- Pull-through parking is available for trailers.